Activating the Medical District
2018 EVENT GRANT PROGRAM
Do you want to help make the Memphis Medical District a great place to live, work, and play? If so, you can apply for a Memphis Medical District Collaborative (MMDC) 2018 event grant. The event grant is open to any individual, business, association or organization interested in bringing people together in the Medical District.
The Event Grant Program has two focus areas: place-based activation events and business promotion events.
Place-Based Activation: events aimed at activating specific places within the Medical District. Include:
- Parks & Greenspace (i.e. Edge Triangle, Health Sciences Park, Linden Park, Morris Park)
- Plazas (i.e. Marshall and Monroe Plaza)
- Public Spaces (i.e. Treedom)
- Campuses (Medical District Institutions)
Business Promotion: events aimed at promoting new or existing businesses within the District. Includes:
- Grand Opening Celebrations
- Holiday Markets
- Creative Marketing Events Supporting the District
Steps to apply:
- Determine what you want to do in the Memphis Medical District.
- Figure out what it will cost.
- We fund up to $2,500 for place-based events, and
- Up to $1,000 for business promotion events
- Fill out our simple Event Grant Application detailing your event, including a total project budget
- If awarded, you will receive half of your funding upfront. Include the MMDC Event Grant Program logo on your promotional materials.
- Host your event and have fun!
- Provide an event recap, including photos, to MMDC within 2 weeks of event completion.
- Receive the second and final grant installment.
- Start planning for your next event in the Medical District next year!
What Are We Looking For?
MMDC is looking to support events that build on the positive momentum in the Medical District, activate and connect people to places within the District, and build community in these spaces.
Need Some Help Generating Ideas?
The possibilities are endless! For inspiration, take a look at our 2017 and 2018 Spring/Summer event grant awardees. If you have questions or would like to discuss your idea, feel free to contact us.
APPLICATION DEADLINE & PROCESSING TIMELINE:
The Fall Event grant program launches September 4, 2018, and will remain open through November 15, 2018. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and grants will be awarded as funds are available. Should funds be depleted prior to November 15, the program will close for the season.
If you are planning a series of events, please provide one application; funding limits, as outlined above, apply to the entire series. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for technical assistance for clarification of the application process.
Don't Wait to Apply?
MMDC requires 10 business days for our Event Grant committee to review your application. You will be contacted after this time with a decision.