Activating the Medical District
Do you want to help make the Memphis Medical District a great place to live, work, and play? If so, you can apply for an MMDC Spring/Summer 2018 Event Grant. The event grant is open to any individual, business, association or organization interested in bringing people together in the Medical District.
The Event Grant Program has two focus areas: place-based activation events and business promotion events.
Place-Based Activation: events aimed at activating specific places within the Medical District.
Include: Parks & Greenspace, Plazas, Public Spaces and Campuses (Medical District institutions)
Business Promotion: events aimed at promoting new or existing businesses within the District.
Includes: Grand Opening Celebrations, Holiday Markets & Creative Marketing Events Supporting the District
Apply today and help us activate the Medical District – It's Easy!
- Determine what you want to do in the Memphis Medical District.
- Figure out what it will cost.
- We fund up to $2,500 for place-based events, and
- Up to $1,000 for business promotion events
- Fill out our simple Event Grant Application detailing your event, including a total project budget
- If awarded, you will receive half of your funding upfront.
- Host your event and have fun!
- Provide an event recap, including photos, to MMDC within 2 weeks of event completion.
- Receive the second and final grant installment.
- Start planning for your next event in the Medical District next year!
What Are We Looking For?
MMDC is looking to support events that build on the positive momentum in the Medical District, activate and connect people to places within the District, and build community in these spaces.
Need Some Help Generating Ideas?
The possibilities are endless! For inspiration, take a look at our 2017 event grant awardees. Examples include: Music in the park, festivals and volunteer events. Need more inspiration? Check out some great resources here! If you have questions or would like to discuss your idea, feel free to contact us.
The Spring/Summer Event Grant program launches February 16, 2018, and will remain open through May 15, 2018. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and grants will be awarded as funds are available.
If you are planning a series of events, please provide one application; funding limits, as outlined above, apply to the entire series. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for technical assistance or clarification of the application process.